Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Any day now...

I'm a terrible blogger, it seems. It's been something like six weeks since I've put virtual pen to paper. Let me make another cliche'd claim to try to do better in the future.

ANYwho...

- It's almost time! Alarra's at 39 weeks as of this morning. She's been having her Braxton-Hicks contractions for a couple of weeks now and at any moment I could get the call to come home from work because they're regular and painful now. Most people know that I've been not so secretly hoping that our little pudding troll waits a few extra days to come home so that he'll share a birthday with Bele. It's just four days past the due date, it's not like I'm asking much, right?

- I'm bored with my job. I like the company I work for. I like the people I work with. I'm sick of doing the same thing day in and day out. I've stagnated here and stopped learning new things relevant to my career field. I should move on. The thing is, I don't want to lose the benefits that I've got where I am. I feel stuck.

- I'm apprehensive about next week. Not because of the baby, but because of my mother in law. Don't get me wrong, she's a wonderful woman and can be a blast to spend time with under normal circumstances. But she's a worrier. Oh my word is she a worrier. She's going to be spending about a week with us after the baby's born and I'm afraid that she won't let us parent like we want and need to parent. When Alarra says "I don't feel good" out of the blue, mom wants me to rush her to the ER. I fear she's going to think every little whimper from the baby will evoke a similar reaction and I fear it will drive me, and possibly Alarra, batsh*t crazy. Maybe it won't be that bad. Here's hoping.

- Our house is trying to fall down around our ears. It seems every day something new goes wrong. Today it was the dryer. I mean, the dryer has been problematic since we moved in. It won't dry an entire washer load of clothes. We have to pull stuff out so that the load is light enough for the drum to turn. We've gotten used to that and it taking two dryer loads to dry one washer load of clothes. Only last night it was worse. Alarra tells me that she was washing some stuff in our new "Free and Clear" type laundry detergent to put in the hospital bag (I know, we were supposed to have this packed weeks ago) and she finally had to pull out so much that there's only a pair of pajamas, the baby outfit, and a couple of baby blankets in the dryer before it would spin. This is unacceptable. Fortunately we have this insurance policy for homeowners that's supposed to cover this kind of thing. I hope they cover this. We're (I'm) going to be calling on this later today.

- Our alliance in WAR recently struggled through some, err, drama that caused one of the guilds to feel they needed to leave. Why? Because they didn't use Ventrilo as a communications venue during RvR (see my last post for what RvR is). Okay, that's not quite true. It's just the guild leader and his wife that didn't use it, and they had their reasons. Only, instead of just saying "We can't use Vent for personal reasons I don't care to share," they kept saying "We won't use Vent and I don't need to explain myself to you." This lead to much questioning of their sanity and they took it personally, even so far as attacking another guild leader who was trying to stand up for them. It's too bad. They are a good guild and we are disappointed that they had to be so immature as to resort to what is essentially taking their ball and going home.

- In other WAR news, however, our guild, Dark Watch, is doing very well. Since the server merge from Magnus to Badlands we've been able to really establish ourselves as a group of folks that can be counted on for dungeons and battles both, and both at a high level of play. Moreover, our guild is in an alliance full of other guilds who are equally successful at all levels of play and still somehow manage to keep the atmosphere casual enough that we don't feel like like we need to be hardcore in order to fit in with them. This makes Zeb a happy, happy Troll.

Until next time,

Zeb, Out

3 comments:

Trog said...

Ew Braxton-Hicks suck all around. Definitely no good for the mom and drives both the very-soon-to-be-parents up the wall with figuring out if it is time yet. I've been through em twice. No fun. Especially not the first time. She had to be induced. Also not fun. =/

For the big day just plan to cater to her every whim and apologize with ice chips. ;-)

Also join the broken dryer club. ^(x_x)^ Mine's been out for a couple of months now. It really bites. Though I have been hanging laundry to dry so yay for saving electricity and boo for no fabric softener. Still... I'd rather have it fixed. No cash for that at the moment. Soon though I hope. Meanwhile I'll have to settle for scratchy jeans. =P

Zeb The Troll said...

Fortunately hers have been very obviously NOT the real thing. They either don't really hurt or they hurt alot for a long time and then go away and don't come back. No wondering yet.

Hehe, also, at the last OB visit, the doc said "That cervix is CLOSED" so we're not expecting anything too too soon just yet.
8-)

cjketo44 said...

Trog: Softener balls. Say it with me: Softener Balls. Go guy one. It's a little ball that you pour fabric softener into and seal. At some point during the spin cycle it opens, releasing said softener into your load. Works wonders. And you don't have to watch for the cycle change to time out the pouring in of said softener. I'm not sure how it knows when to open, but it does.

Zeb: I'd comment on the job scene, but I don't even wanna open that can of worms right now. =(

Here's to baby puddingtroll! Coming soon to a cave near you!